THEN NOW

Vienna, April 9, 1938: Adolf Hitler's motorcade passes through the lane that divides Hathauspark, towards the City Hall.
Old Photo: Third Reich in Ruins

THEN NOW

Heldenplatz, March 15, 1938: Hitler, standing and aboard his Limozine Mercedes Benz, parades under the applause of the people of Vienna. In the background you can see the equestrian statue of archduch Erzherzog karl, field marshal of the Austrian army and the third son of Emperor Leopoldo II.
Old Photo: Third Reich in Ruins

THEN NOW

On the same day and place, Austrian SS troops parade next to the statue of Prinz Eugen. Field Marshal in the army of the Holy Roman Empire and the Austrian Habsburg dynasty during the 17th and 18th centuries. He was one of the most successful military commanders of his time and rose to the highest positions of state in the imperial court of Vienna.
Old Photo: Third Reich in Ruins
Wikipedia

THEN NOW

When Hitler was in Vienna, shortly after annexing it to the German Reich, he was staying at the Hotel Imperial. Luxury establishment located on Kärntner Ring 16, where, ironically, he had previously worked during his ostracized days in Vienna.
Except for the Nazi ornamentation, specially installed to receive him, there were no significant changes in the building's facade.
Old Photo: Third Reich in ruins

THEN NOW

Same caption as the previous photo.

THEN NOW

Parade of Austrian army troops parade through the Doktor Karl Renner Ring, in front of the Austrian Parliament building.
Old Photo: Third Reich in Ruins

THEN NOW

Hitler deposits a wreath at the memorial to the Austrian dead of World War I.
Currently the small memorial is protected by bars and the "eternal fire" is no longer lit. Almost no longer noticed by those who pass by the place.
Old Photo: Third Reich in Ruins

THEN NOW

Here, 105mm artillery pieces are part of a large military parade organized by the Nazis as a show of strength after the annexation of Austria.
The Natural History Museum appears in the background.

THEN NOW

A convoy of Russian army vehicles passes by the imposing seat of the Austrian Parliament, built in the late 19th century.
With the annexation of Austria to Nazi Germany in 1938, the building started to be used as administrative headquarters of the Vienna Reichsgau. During World War II, part of the 13,000 m2 building suffered heavy damage as a result of the battle for control of the city and allied bombing. Inside, the old House of Lords and the Hall of Columns, were completely destroyed.
The interior of the building was renovated and restored in a more modern style. The Hall of Columns and the facade were restored according to the original design of Baron von Hansen.